Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finally....I did it...

Hello World....

I finally decided to do a challenge. The everso Crafty Dawn over at Journal Journeys
http://journaljourneys-dawn.blogspot.com  is participating in "The Summer of Color" challenge over at http://www.twinkletwinklelikeastar.blogspot.com/. So I thought I would tag along and do my first challenge.( oh I am soooo scared to show my work.) Since I am glued to the desk all day in the office I deceided to do my entry digitally and even though I am not proffiecent at PSE.....what better way to learn. The challenge for this week is blue, and here is my first project to go out in cyberspace!! What do you think?

 It looks washed out......hummmmm....but I wanted it that way but.....hummmm, maybe someone will give me some tips on what I did wrong. Anyway....I did it....stuck to it allllll week...didn't give up....

Also, I would like to give credit to Elizabeth at "the last door down the hall" for all the elements that I used except the sheet music. She generously allows everyone to use various elements that she post.

9 comments:

  1. It is wonderful; you did a great job~ I love the elements you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so honored that you chose The Summer of Color to put yourself out there - and so happy that you decided to share it with us ;) It is just beautiful - I love the music, the measuring tape elements and those modern blue hearts on such a great vintage picture. So happy to have you with us! Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...good for you...coz i don't even know what pse is...this is beautiful, i love that image and music is one of my favs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is cute. I love the blue hearts. What looks washed out? You can boost the light and up saturation just a bit. That should help. In PSE it is really easy! Ask me if you want help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your art is beautiful. You're hooked now! I'm not great at PSE either. I have learned to use the quick edit to brighten and sharpen my images and that helps alot. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for green! :) Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful piece and great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am adoring your piece! Isn`t it amazing to see all of the different projects in the challenge - what a source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! When you click on it to enlarge it, it doesn't look washed out to me. Just soft and vintage-y like it should. I missed commenting on this when it was posted. I was having a lot of trouble with comments last week but it seems to have cleared up, now. A blogger glitch I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job on your digi art! http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/university/tutorials/tutorials.shtml this link has LOADS of digi instructions! can't wait to see more of your work :)

    ReplyDelete