Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Own "Remains of the Day" Journal

Good Morning World!

In my previous post I showed a "Remains of the Day" journal that I made for my friend Doris. Does everyone know who coined the name, "Remains of the Day?" Besides being one of the most boring movies I ever watched.....this is a Journal class taught by MaryAnn Moss www.dispatchedfromla.typepad.com that is incorporates sewing, using recycled paper, and really anything you want to use, making it a fasinating hodgepodge journal.....which is why I fell for it and paid for a class. Even though my craft money it tight, taking classes expands my creativity and I find that I start combinging ideas that eventually gives me my own style.

So here is my own "Remains of the Day" journal...hope you like it!



I used Mary Engelbreight fabric, old uphostry fabric, and a crochet flower (pattern from Attic 24)....using my favorite colors...red and yellow..




and here are just a few of the pages. After I figure out how to add Flicker to my blog the rest of the pages will be there.


This pic is showing that there are two signatures....(Learned about that in the class)

old envelopes

paper sewed together to create the page size


isn't paper grand!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow Melodie this is utterly gorgeous. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete